|Name:||Catering volunteer (Compass Wellbeing)|
|Organisation:||Compass Disability Services|
|Location:||Compass Wellbeing, Unit 7 Belvedere Trading Estate, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 1BH|
To assist in the running of our Community café and kitchen, selling a variety of specialty coffees and hot beverages, meals, cakes, sandwiches and toasties and to undertake other duties as agreed by the Volunteer with the Wellbeing Centre Project Coordinator.
Volunteer Hours: Tuesdays 10am-2pm.
To help with the day to day running of the Community café and kitchen, including
• Assisting and serving customers.
• Preparing and serving food items and beverages.
• Monitoring and recording hot and cold food temperature levels.
• Handling cash and credit card payments.
• Ensuring security of monies and assisting with cashing-up duties.
• Assisting with ordering of stock.
• Ensuring food safety and food hygiene at all times.
• Clearing and washing up.
• Maintaining a positive and professional image of the organisation at all times.
• Being aware of and adhering to Compass Disability Services’ policies and procedures and current legislation at all times.
• Committing to the necessary training and development activities in order to fulfil the role and your potential.
Compass Disability Services is an innovative, enlightened and positive organisation. Its mission is:
"To enable and empower disabled people and carers to have independence, choice and control in their lives".
Compass Disability Services is a user led organisation and our Board of Trustees, who are elected by our users, is comprised of at least 80% disabled people. We have adopted the Social Model of Disability as a way of working to remove barriers which exclude disabled people from equality of opportunity.
Our Values and Beliefs
• We promote independence, choice and control
• We support equality of opportunity for all people
• We operate within and promote the Social Model of Disability
• We aim to empower and enable disabled people
• We promote equal access and inclusion to all services and facilities
• We adopt a partnership working approach
• We are a non-campaigning organisation
Compass Disability Services works through consultation, representation and service provision to fulfil our mission. We work in partnership with local government, the Health Service, Social Services, other voluntary sector and charitable organisations and anyone else who can benefit from our knowledge and expertise.
Compass Disability Services has a range of projects which have their own websites. Please click on the link on the left hand menu to take you to these websites for more information on the projects.
Desired skills and experience:
• Good communication skills.
• Friendly manner, welcoming and efficient
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Sensitive and tactful nature
• Methodical and organised
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Good organisational skills and an eye for detail.
• A strong commitment to equality of opportunity for all sections of the community and an understanding of disability equality.
|Expenses:||This is a voluntary position. Reasonable expenses as detailed in the Expenses Policy will be claimable.|
|Training:||You will be given induction training into the various aspects of the work. You will receive specific training for your role and ongoing support.|
|Other:||Volunteer Hours: Tuesdays 10am-2pm.|