|Organisation:||National Trust at Dunster Castle|
What is a Piano Player?
A volunteer who enhances the visitor’s enjoyment and appreciation of the property by playing the piano.
What’s in it for you?
• Becoming part of a friendly and dedicated team
• Meeting people from all walks of life and making new friend.
• Providing a warm, friendly welcome to all visitors of the National Trust
• Playing classical and light entertainment tunes of the 20’s, 30’s and 40’s.
• Helping to protect interiors and collections from damage during open hours
• Following security procedures to prevent theft or damage
• Becoming familiar with and then following the National Trust’s Health and Safety Policy at all times
• Giving any other appropriate assistance in relation to Room Guiding as may be reasonably requested
The National Trust is a charity and is completely independent of Government. We rely for income on membership fees, donations and legacies, revenue raised from our commercial operations.
We mow have .35 million members and 43000 volunteers. More than 12 million people visit our pay for entry properties, while an estimated 50 million visit our open air properties.
We protect and open to the public over 300 historic houses and gardens and 49 industrial monuments and mills.
But is doesn't stop there. We also look after forests, woods, fens, beaches, farmland, downs, moorland, islands, archaeological remains, castles, nature reserves, villages - for ever, for everyone.
Room volunteers, helping with events, administration, buggy driving, volunteer photographer, raffle ticket seller, civil ceremony assisting, wildlife interpreter, garden stewards/interpretation, living history tour guides, and general tour guides.
We have a summer barbeque, outing and Christmas party. After 50hours each volunteer gets a card that allows them into other National Trust properties free and 20% discount in Trust catering and retail outlets.
We provide tea, coffee and biscuits as well as any expenses incurred during duty and travel expenses. You will not have to commit to a particular role at the early stages and can apply for several roles, in order to try them out first.
Dunster Castle prides itself on its welcoming and friendly atmosphere for all its supporters.
This role will suit people who have an enthusiastic and friendly nature, enjoy meeting people and can play the piano.
|Training:||Time commitment Variable, but we would let you know when there is a specific event happening where the playing of music would enhance our supporters visit. Training/Resources As part of your induction you will take part in a workshop to help equip you|