|Organisation:||Hope for Tomorrow (Somerset West and Taunton Deane)|
Event helpers will be required at both internal and external fundraising events, those that we are organising and those that we have been invited to attend.
Typically we need help manning our stands, selling merchandise and collecting money. However the duties may vary depending on the type of event.
We are also looking for people to represent us at community events.
What will I get out of it?
• Support us to keep the wheels turning on our Mobile Cancer Care Units to allow patients to be treated closer to home
• An opportunity to build experience for your CV
Hope for Tomorrow is a dedicated charity, bringing cancer care closer to patients’ homes via our Mobile Cancer Care Units (MCCUs).
As a cancer charity, we understand that time is a crucial factor for patients, and in 2007 we launched the world’s first ever Mobile Cancer Care Unit (previously Mobile Chemotherapy Unit) to bring vital cancer care closer to patients, enabling them to spend more time with family, friends and loved ones.
We develop, build, provide and maintain MCCUs to support patients who are going through Chemotherapy by alleviating the stresses and strains of travelling for appointments, along with reducing hospital waiting times.
What skills or experience are required?
• Being energetic and proactive are useful attributes.
• Willingness to talk to people about Hope for Tomorrow
• Good communication and organisational skills
• Team working when working with a local fundraising group or others
|Training:||What support or training will I get? • Regular and ongoing support from Hope for Tomorrow • Basic induction to Hope for Tomorrow and a named contact|